Fredericton — Here in the Picture Province, we’re positively swimming in untapped potential from sources you might not have expected. Here are 7 New Brunswick capital-dwellers to keep an eye on — there’s no telling what they’ll accomplish!
- That homeless guy you always ignore on the way to your coffee meetings: If we’d give him some food and shelter, he’d probably eventually start his own business selling designer iPhone cases.
- That Syrian refugee who moved in next door and who doesn’t speak English: He looks to be around 25. We don’t know his name or anything about his background, but he definitely seems like someone you’ll want to keep an eye on.
- Brian Gallant: You may know him as the premier, but he’s so much more than that. Gallant is starting New Brunswick’s first fully bilingual clothing line, making him only the 8th or 9th (probably) young Frederictonian to go out on his own and enter the competitive fashion world. Look for his line, “Les Incompetent,” by summer’s end.
- That loud girl in your gender studies class: She’ll never shut up if you don’t hear her out, so you might as well listen to what she has to say. She’s probably planning to organize a rally of some kind, to help whatever cause she’s championing this week. We’re not sure what it is, but we do know it’s going to be unpleasant and hard to ignore.
- Brad Woodside: OK, so he’s not young, but someone needs to keep an eye on the former Fredericton mayor, because does anyone actually know how he’s killing all his free time these days? He could be plotting something sinister. Just look at him.
- That guy trying to turn left into the Regent Street Irving at 5 p.m.: Who is he kidding? Pay attention to this guy — he’s bound to get himself or someone else killed.
- The diseased-looking pigeon with mostly white feathers that hobbles around the Tannery: Don’t feed it, don’t touch it, and for god’s sake, don’t let it out of your sight.