Fredericton — New Brunswick’s young premier sometimes gets a bad rap. That’s because, through absolutely no fault of his own, Gallant’s constituents and the media have chosen to unfairly focus on the negative, instead of seeing Brian Gallant for who he really is: a capable leader, an enterprising visionary, and a rugged man’s man. At The Manatee, we believe Gallant is the best premier ever, and here’s why:
- He’s engaged: This shows that our premier can commit. It shows he’s a family man, and someone you can trust with your vote and your future. When he gets married and starts a family, New Brunswickers — as if they needed reassurance — will just feel better about Gallant’s family values and fidelity to his province.
- He’s hot: Admit it. You think he’s super cute. Look at that perfect blonde hair, those steely blue eyes, that chiselled jaw-line. We Googled Canada’s other premiers and none of them are even close to Gallant-level hot. Most of them are total dogs, in fact.
- Blaze: Speaking of dogs, what an adorable pooch! Gallant has shown us so many pictures and videos of this dog that we know he must be relevant to provincial politics. Just check Twitter if you don’t believe us. Blaze makes your own dog look like crap.
- TAB: The Tuition Access Bursary program, while it has its flaws, was actually a great idea straight from the brain of — you guessed it — Brian. What other premier could have come up with a groundbreaking plan that steals from all grads working in the province to give to a select group of future students? Only our Bri-Bri.
- Davos: He had the courage to go on a paid vacation to Switzerland while Sussex dealt with the blow of the town’s biggest employer shutting down. We like that Gallant was able to just get away and clear his head. He does some of his best thinking when he’s schmoozing with other countries’ rich and powerful.
- He appointed a female finance minister: Granted, she doesn’t actually get much say in anything, but it was nice of Gallant to give Cathy Rogers a cool title that’s normally reserved for old white dudes.
- He is wicked at opening call centres: He promised jobs, and he’s providing them. So what if they’re temporary, low-paid, entry-level positions at customer contact centres like Sears and other failing companies? Would it kill you to cut him some slack for once? Geez.
- We saw him working out at the YMCA once: Manatee reporters have never actually seen another premier in person. Not only does Brian Gallant lift, he is also a “man of the people,” as they say. He was wearing red spandex and somehow looked even more spectacular in real life than he does in photos.