Davos — As criticism of Premier Brian Gallant’s trip to Switzerland rages online in the wake of the announcement of the closing of the Picadilly mine, the premier’s detractors are being impeded by the lack of Swiss stereotypes to incorporate into their mean tweets. While the government’s critics continue to pile on, the famously punctual, introverted and neutral Swiss provide little in the way of colour to add to the critical tweets.
- “What’s he doing in Switzerland right now? Eating chocolate and cheese? Ha! Wait, I ate chocolate and cheese this morning… who doesn’t like chocolate and cheese? #yumyum,” tweeted user @BGH8r.
- “We know he’s not over there visiting our Swiss bank accounts, because we are broke. Right? Right? We have no money. #boohoo,” tweeted another pundit on the #nbpoli hashtag.
- User @ToryGlory posted, “What’s BG doing in Switzerland? Giving Roger Federer tennis lessons?? Because Roger Federer is Swiss, did you know that? I didn’t. #SwissFacts”
- User @LiberalsSuck tweeted, “It’s not a bad dream, Brian, so Carl Jung isn’t going to be able to help you figure this one out!!! Carl Jung, you know… the famous psychiatrist. No, that’s Freud. The other one… #nevermind”
- “Ha, Gallant must need some tips on Atcon from Sepp Blatter! Sepp Blatter? You know, FIFA president…? FIFA? That’s soccer… like the NHL for soccer. Yes, he’s Swiss. Sigh, it’s not funny if you have to explain the joke,” tweeted frustrated pundit @NBNDPee.
- Envious @NBPhysicsGeek posted, “Premier Gallant — come home! You aren’t going to find answers to the Sussex crisis at the Large Hadron Collider! If you go though, take lots of pictures and post them online please! #jealous”